Character Encoding WAS: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in Encoding.decodeUTF8()

От Joseph Shraibman
Тема Character Encoding WAS: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in Encoding.decodeUTF8()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind wrote:

> Joseph Shraibman wrote:

>> I notice there is no way to change a database's encoding.  If I just
>> change the encoding type in the pg_database to latin1 will there be
>> data loss?
>

> The recommended way to do this would be to dump the contents of the
> database, create a new database with the desired character set and then
> import the data into that new database.  I don't know if changing
> pg_database directly would work or not.

That didn't work. When I tried that Oné turned into Oné, which confuses me because I
thought my problem was that I was storing latin1 chars in a text field that was supposed
to only have the lower ascii bits.  Oh well, I guess it is dump/reload time.

От: "Michael Paesold"
Сообщение: Re: synchronized code
От: Joseph Shraibman
Сообщение: Re: Character Encoding WAS: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in Encoding.decodeUTF8()