Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in Encoding.decodeUTF8()

От Joseph Shraibman
Тема Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in Encoding.decodeUTF8()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind wrote:
> Joseph,
>
> The problem is that your database claims to be ASCII, but you are
> storing non-ascii data in it.
>
> As of 7.3 the jdbc driver has the server convert from the database
> character set to UTF8.  Then send the data to the driver in UTF8 and the
> driver then decodes the UTF8 to java unicode.

I see this in my postgres log when I connect via jdbc:

LOG:  query: set datestyle to 'ISO'; select version(), case when pg_encoding_to_char(1) =
'SQL_ASCII' then 'UNKNOWN' else getdatabaseencoding() end;
LOG:  query: set client_encoding = 'UNICODE'; show autocommit

So if client_encoding is unicode why is the driver trying to convert from UTF8?