Re: Strange Error

От John Chapman
Тема Re: Strange Error
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> I think someone maybe attacking my postgres server.
> Some days when people first log on to the system it is maxed out on
> connectons. is there some way to log the connectons  so I can see
> where people are logging in from? I am running it on Linux. Thanks.

I would think there are several ways to do this. For sure, you can do
a netstat to get that information. However, do you allow anyone to
connect to your database server? I would setup the firewalling to
allow only from the known places. You could also easily setup a
webpage where someone would have to login via username/pass, then
their IP address is allowed access for a certain length of time.

Quite a few ways to protect yourself, I would think.

John C.