Re: PostgreSQL on e10k

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on e10k
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Chris,

Christian Töpp wrote:
> Hi
>
> my company planed to use postgresql on a sun enterprise 10000.
> has enyone hints and tricks for me how to setup and configure
> the database server?

What's the configuration of the E10k going to be?

+ How many CPU's ( and which Mhz+cache rating), how much memory, how
much disk?
+ How are you going to logically partition up the E10K, or is going to
be just One Big Box?
+ Which version of Solaris?

Only asking because this is the kind of Sun gear I used to do stuff on.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> thx