Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ... Banner Adds

От mlw
Тема Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ... Banner Adds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I know I participate on this group periodically, but my last position was CTO at a company, and I currently run my own
consultingcompany. I feel I have a pretty neutral perspective.<br /><br /> I don't see what the fuss is all about.
Banneradds are good, if the PostgreSQL can get some good RELEVANT adds on its site, (a) shows viability, and (b) that
thereis some sort of revenue. Oracle and Microsoft "rape" their customers, of course they have no 3rd party banner
adds,but make no mistake, there are adds for other products by the respective companies.<br /><br /> I think that, if
youguys want banner adds, it is not a sin, nor is it unprofessional. My only suggestion is to make sure they are
relevantto the database market. Adds that are relevant to your core competency enhance your message. Of course, if you