Re: How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?

От Michelle Konzack
Тема Re: How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Steve and Scott,

Am 14:13 2003-01-03 -0800 hat Steve Crawford geschrieben:

 >On Friday 03 January 2003 9:57 am, scott.marlowe wrote:
 >> On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Michelle Konzack wrote:

Because the server will be in Paris (at amen.fr, OC3) while I am in
Strasbourg (UUnet, 2 MBit) it is not possibel to make such backups !!!

I was hoping to make incremental Backups of new or changed tables.

So I need another solution. I have the O'Reilly-Book "Practical
PostgreSQL" and ther are some lines about Master-Slave systems
and Cluster of Proxy-Master-(some)Slave.

Hmmm, if I have my SQL-Master in Paris and I get only 200-400 new/
changed Tables (100kByte each) and the updates of the bigger (10-20
MBytes) Reference Tables a day, I can use a SQL-Slave in Strasbourg
in Write modus only... (it get the copy of all changed Data in Paris)

My Problem is, that I do not know, how to do it...

Curently I have only some 'HP Vectra XA' vor testing but I think,
I can install such test system...

The Server for Paris is an Athlon 1400 with 1 GByte of memory.

Does anyone have a HOWTO or useful links How to setup a Master-Slave
system or a Cluster containing the SQL-Proxy, SQL-Master, and 2-3
SQL-Slaves ?

Thanks in Advance
Michelle