Re: Resource management in 7.4

От Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Тема Re: Resource management in 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Personally I think that configuring things like that is definitely
beyond the scope of an average administrator.

However, there is one thing which would be useful for many applications:
It would be nice if there was a way to renice a connection. When it
comes to reporting it would be nice to have a handle for slowing a
backend down.

A patch for Linux would be quite easy ("SELECT nice_backend(int)") but I
don't know how this fits into the Windows port and PostgreSQL on other
platforms.

I think this would be a straight forward approach fixing most of the
problems people might have with CPU usage.

Is this the right way to go?
   Regards,       Hans

--
*Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig*
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria