How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?

От Michelle Konzack
Тема How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?
Дата
Re: How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?  (greg@turnstep.com)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I am running a postgreSQL under Debian/GNU-Linux 3.0r0 and a Ultra-
ATA-133 RAID-1 with three 120 GByte IBM-Drives.

Now I have the Problem to backup the stuff.

I was thinking, to export all tables seperately to text files, gzip
and backup it. There will be around 830.000 millons tables !

How can I do effectiv backup so that I can get informationd from it,
if all other fails...

The Textfiles are perfectly in general, because you can get infos
with an editor or browsing with mc ;-))

Any suggestins are welcome...

Oh yes, I like to backup to my CD-R55S and I like to know, whats the
ratio from a compressed (gzip'ed) database ?

Thanks in advance
Michelle