2 gig file limit (yes I know, read anyway ;))

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема 2 gig file limit (yes I know, read anyway ;))
Дата
Re: 2 gig file limit (yes I know, read anyway ;))  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

   We are having a very odd problem. We have a PostgreSQL 7.1.3 system
that we are upgrading to 7.2.3. The 7.1.3 system is running RedHat 7.2.
As we run pg_dump we are hitting the old 2gig file limit size (and know
gzipping doesn't work because of the blobs).

   I know why we are running into the 2gig limit. It is because the
system was upgraded from 6.2 and the 7.1.3 installation was not recompiled.

   However, when testing on RedHat 8.0 (Fresh Install) with a newly
compiled version of 7.2.3 we get the same file size limit errors.
Basically I am using the 7.2.3 version of pg_dump to pull a dump from
the 7.1.3 machine.

   Anybody got any ideas?

Sincerley,

Joshua Drake

--
<COMPANY>CommandPrompt    - http://www.commandprompt.com    </COMPANY>
<CONTACT>       <PHONE>+1.503.222-2783</PHONE>          </CONTACT>