[Fwd: Re: Patch for JDBC timestamp problems]

От Barry Lind
Тема [Fwd: Re: Patch for JDBC timestamp problems]
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Forwarding to mail list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Patch for JDBC timestamp problems
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:44:21 -0800 (PST)
From: a aparna <aahirrao@yahoo.com>
To: barry@xythos.com, pgman@candle.pha.pa.us
CC: aahirrao@yahoo.com

Hi,

   we are experiencing a wiered problem in production environment. We
have a situation where the date display is rendered incorrectly for the
hour part( displayed as '00' for all cases) on production site  *when
the traffic increases beyond a certain threshold.*This problem is seen
to occur sporadically and no obvious pattern has been detected. The
display normalises on restarting the servers (IBM Websphere). We are
using following code snippet to get date value in java object from SQL date:

private Date makeDateFromTimestamp(Timestamp ts) {

       Date value = null;

       if (ts != null) {

             value = new Date(ts.getTime() + (ts.getNanos() / 1000000));

       }

      return value;

}

Have found similar problem reported on java forum:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=31&thread=280442
<http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=31&thread=280442> but no
resolution.

Was wondering if you have ever experienced such kinda problem and why is
the behaviour so/any resolution?

Thanks & Regards,

-Aparna