Re: [mail] Re: Big 7.4 items - Replication

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: [mail] Re: Big 7.4 items - Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Darren Johnson wrote:

> The group communication system doesn't just run on one system.  For
> postgres-r using spread

The reason why group communication software is used is simply because
this software is designed with two goals in mind:

1) optimize bandwidth usage

2) make many-to-many communication easy

Number one is done by utilizing things like multicasting where
available.

Number two is done by using global scoped queues.

I add this only to avoid reading that pushing some PITR log snippets via
FTP or worse over a network would do the same. It did not in the past,
it does not do right now and it will not do in the future.

Jan