Re: Big 7.4 items

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Big 7.4 items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14 Dec 2002 at 18:02, Justin Clift wrote:
> For PITR-log-based-replication, how much data would be required to be pushed out to each slave system in order to
bring

> it up to date?
>
> I'm having visions of a 16MB WAL file being pushed out to slave systems in order to update them with a few rows of
data...

I was under impression that data is pushed to slave after a checkpoint is
complete. i.e. 16MB of WAL file has recycled.

Conversely a slave would contain accurate data upto last WAL checkpoint.

I think tunable WAL size should be of some help in such scenario. Otherwise the
system designer has to use async.  replication. for granularity upto a
transaction.

ByeShridhar

--
Conference, n.:    A special meeting in which the boss gathers subordinates to
hear    what they have to say, so long as it doesn't conflict with what    he's