Re: 7.3 no longer using indexes for LIKE queries

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: 7.3 no longer using indexes for LIKE queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue writes:
>
> > For example, there could be case-insensitive collations.
>
> You could do that, but normally you would take account the case
> differences in the third pass.

I would handle the cases as the case may be if
such collations are available.
You can develop the code applicable for the
restricted cases where the equality induced
by the collation is equivalent to the binary
equality, can't you ?
BTW you seem to be too inclined to the locale
support. How can we unify the collation support
(possibly introduced in the near future) and
the locale support ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/