Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
<snip>
> Press release:
>
>         - Supports data in many international characters sets (UNICODE, EUC_JP,
>           EUC_CN, EUC_KR, JOHAB, EUC_TW, ISO 8859-1 ECMA-94, KOI8, WIN1256, etc...)
>
> That is just plain wrong.  Support for various character sets is years
> old.

Sure is.  Notice it didn't say "just added" or "added with this release"?

It just says "supports".  It's to highlight the fact that it can be used
for non-English character sets.  Sure, a whole bunch of people know
this, but the main target of the press release is people new to
PostgreSQL that don't.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift