Re: Shrinkwrap Windows Product, any issues? Anyone? (postmaster windows

От mlw
Тема Re: Shrinkwrap Windows Product, any issues? Anyone? (postmaster windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hey this is a cool project. I have been thinking doing the exact ame thing, the console Window of 2K/XP just kills the daemon, yuck.

What can I do to help?

Igor Georgiev wrote:
>I am working on getting a shrink-wrapped version of PostgreSQL for Windows
>Currently it installs a customized version of Cygwin, PostgreSQL 7.2.3, cygipc, psqlodbc, and pgadminII
>I currently have the setup done.

Cool :)

I'm now working on postmaster windows shell. It's not finished yet but main things work.
Funcionality implemented now is :
    Console redirection for capture output from postmaster
    Starting-stoping postmaster
    Choose for shutdown mode
    System tray icon
    Postmaster options are read from registry
        -postmaster path
        -datadir
        -additional options

Funcionality not implemented yet, but planned :
    Writing captured output from postmaster to log file
    Options setup dialog
    Edit pg_hba.conf
    ???

Application is MFC free pure windows API (compiler:gcc-mingw, Dev-C++ IDE) .

Here is the screenshot

I also be GLAD to read about plans for native windows port in 7.4.
If anyone is interested i can post source code, or maybe this firrst steps can go to gborg as a separate project
i'm not sure yet.

PS: Excuse me for my english, I'm better in C :)

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: 7.4 - TODO : alter table drop foreign key
Сообщение: Re: 7.4 - TODO : alter table drop foreign key