Re: UTF encoding error

От Fernando Nasser
Тема Re: UTF encoding error
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Felipe Schnack wrote:>   I was with serious problems with brazilian
portuguese... and I have no
> idea how to tell the postmaster to use pt-br... but now I added
> "&charSet=LATIN1" to my jdbc URLS.. what else I could do?

That is a no-op for backends 7.3 on.  What version of PostgreSQL are you using?

It is not the postmaster you must tell which encoding to use.  You must have
specified the encoding when you did the "createdb", with the "-E" option.

Or specify the ENCODING clause when using the SQL "CREATE DATABASE" command.

Abracos,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser