Re: [HACKERS] [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
<snip>
> So as to not recreate the wheel, or, at least, get the wheel properly
> rolling, can we get that download page redirected to the one that does
> list the mirrors? :)

Yep.

Would the best way to do this be changing the wording to say something like:

"PostgreSQL can be downloaded as source code from any of the many mirror
sites:"

With a link after it directing to somewhere that gives the list.  The
present "www.postgresql.org" with the list of mirrors would probably be
adequate, but it'll need to be a different url than the straight
"www.postgresql.org" as that's going to change as soon as the new portal
is in place.

Does this sound like a workable approach for now?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> I liked Greg(?)'s ideas, but I don't see it as being implemented overnight
> :)

- Indira Gandhi