Re: pg and number of parameters by insert

От Jean-Christian Imbeault
Тема Re: pg and number of parameters by insert
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dennis Björklund wrote:

 > It's the same resom that if you have a C function taking two
arguments and
 > you try to call it with one you get an error.

Aaaahhhh, I see the light.

I completely agree with you that it would be nice to get a warning.

What do the SQL specs have to say about this? Maybe it's not an error
because the specs require it not to be an error? (I have no idea, just
asking)

If the specs don't say either way, then a warning would be nice, and an
error better. But I bet that throwing an error would break a lot of apps ;)

Jc