Re: pg and number of parameters by insert

От pginfo
Тема Re: pg and number of parameters by insert
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I do not think so.

Realy I will to have NULL value in my table.
The problem is that it can be syntax error (for example I forgot to rewrite
all my functions after
adding new filed to my table).

In this case I have syntax error in my code!
And I think the pg need to report it.

If I write
 insert into table_1 (field_1,field_2)  values ('f1_value',10);
and field_3 is not declared as NOT NULL it will be correct for pg to execute
it without any massage.

Is it so?

regards,
ivan.