Re: Postgresql -- initial impressions and comments

От David Garamond
Тема Re: Postgresql -- initial impressions and comments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Best wrote:
>     Never, ever run anything under root if at all possible.  Its just
> baddddd.....  Trust the user?  Your joking right? :)   I've been around too
> many Lusers (as my friend would say) to trust any of em.

not to mention that we also need to distrust the postgresql developers
:-) should the postgresql code contained a nasty bug (say something that
could overwrite a random file on the filesystem), then running the
postgresql daemon as non-root user would limit the damage that can be done.

--
dave