Re: ALTER TABLE schema SCHEMA TO new_schema?

От Fernando Nasser
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE schema SCHEMA TO new_schema?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor wrote:
>>Why just restrict them to moving tables?  What if someone wants to move a
>>function or an aggregate to another schema?
>>
>>What if they want to copy it?
>

> Copying might be tricky, but I'd be happy to help with moving everything
> else around.  Though I don't think sequences can move (until we can
> properly track their dependencies) but everything else should be able
> to.
>
> Copy is another story all together.  But I'd like a
>
> CREATE SCHEMA ... AS COPY <schemaname>;

Wouldn't it be better to use pg_dump/pg_restore for that?

If we could ask for just oen/some of the non-system schemas to be dumped
it would be easy to restore it as another or even move it to another
database.  And one could dump only the schema or schema+data, as needed.
Of course, dependencies would have to be handled as objects can refer to
objects in other schemas.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300