Re: [GENERAL] One SQL to access two databases.

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: [GENERAL] One SQL to access two databases.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2 Dec 2002 at 12:05, Karel Zak wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 01:11:20PM -0800, Joe Conway wrote:
> > As I said, this is all very preliminary; comments, suggestions, requests
> > are all welcome.
>  Only idea/dream: what implement dblink as "virtual" schema.
>  CREATE SCHEMA myschema AS DBLINK TO ... some connection options ...;
>  SELECT * FROM myschema.tabname;
>  This solution allows use dblink as really transparent.

Well, that is an excellent solution but I want to suggest a further
modification..

How would you select from a table in certain schema in remote database? i.e.
does current implementation supports nested schemas?

Like select * from remotedb.schemaa.tablea will work?

If it does, this might be the best transparency we could ever get..

ByeShridhar

--
pension:    A federally insured chain letter.