Re: PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces Version 7.3

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces Version 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Nagayasu-san,

Have you begun the translation of the PostgreSQL 7.3 Press Release into
Japanese?

Vanten K.K (they do a lot of stuff with PostgreSQL in Japan) have
offered to do the translation too, or may be able to assist by proof
reading, etc.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Chris Phelan wrote:

> Marc and Justin,
>
> Vanten can translate this into Japanese and make the press release
> over here. Let me know if you want us to do it.
>
> Chris Phelan
> CEO
> Vanten
>
> At AM 11:16 11/28/02 -0400, PostgreSQL Public Relations wrote:
>
> >For Immediate Release                               November 28th, 2002
> >
> >Contacts:
> >Justin Clift
> >justin@postgresql.org
> >+61.3 9363 1313 (Australia)
> >
> >Marc Fournier
> >scrappy@postgresql.org
> >+1.902 542 0713 (Canada)
> >

> >      PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces Version 7.3
> >
> >      The PostgreSQL Global Development Group proudly announces the
> >release of version 7.3 of the PostgreSQL object-relational database
> >management system (ORDBMS). PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced
> >open source database, provides solutions for many of the most demanding
> >applications in use today, saving businesses and governments millions
> >of dollars each year.
> >
> >      Here is what some current PostgreSQL users have gone on record
> >to say about this technology:
> >
> >     "PostgreSQL has scaled perfectly with our rapidly expanding
> >business, and we recommend it over every other DB."
> >         -- TrustCommerce, California
> >
> >     "PostgreSQL provided sales.org with a solution that was $70,000
> >less expensive to create, and over 70% lower in cost to operate and
> >maintain than any of the commercial DBMS offerings we looked at."
> >         -- sales.org Inc., Toronto
> >
> >     "PostgreSQL handles virtually all the standard SQL constructs.
> >It is easy (relatively speaking) to administer, it is fast, it is
> >efficient, it has a great API, and it supports ODBC, why would you
> >choose something else?"
> >         -- Mohawk Software, Massachusetts
> >
> >     The worldwide PostgreSQL community is very excited about this
> >release, which includes numerous modifications and enhancements thanks
> >to the contributions of over 500 developers and thousands of volunteer
> >testers from more than 50 countries.
> >
> >     "PostgreSQL 7.3 is full of new, oft requested features such as
> >SQL '92 schemas, prepared statements, and stored procedures that can
> >return record sets. And under the hood there is a new dependency tracking
> >system that allows PostgreSQL to *safely* support many more subtle
> >enhancements like the ability to drop columns," said Neil Conway, a
> >member of the PostgreSQL Global Development Team.
> >
> >Among the advances in PostgreSQL version 7.3 are:
> >
> >     Schemas
> >         PostgreSQL now joins the handful of ORDBMS's to support
> >         the SQL 92 Schema specification, improving both enterprise
> >         database management and security through the use of namespaces.
> >
> >     Table Functions
> >         PostgreSQL version 7.3 has greatly simplified returning result sets
> >         of rows and columns in database functions.  This significantly
> [...]

   - Indira Gandhi