Re: Redhat 8 default database warning: JDBC problems (CLARIFICATION)

От Fernando Nasser
Тема Re: Redhat 8 default database warning: JDBC problems (CLARIFICATION)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dennis King wrote:
> Thanks, Fernando. Can you tell me how I set the path correctly?
>
> I only posted this after I sent email to Red Hat support through
> their Red Hat Network pages and didn't hear back.

I am not sure where your mail went.
Just use the rhdb@sources.redhat.com for Red Hat Database problems.
This one I know we are subscribed to.

> The "Using Red Hat Database with JDBC" tutorial also makes no mention
> that there could be a conflict with the Sun JRE it instructs you to
> install and assumes you use.

I guess this was written long before gcj started to install a
/usr/bin/java (pointing to gij, I believe), which happened just now in
8.0.  You are right, it needs updating.  I will get that patched.

Just make sure you have your $JAVA_HOME/bin directory ahead of /usr/bin
so that the 'java' command that you get is the one from the Sun SDK, not
the one installed by gcj.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300

Сообщение: Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't
Сообщение: Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't