Re: How does postgres handle non literal string values

От Rob Hills
Тема Re: How does postgres handle non literal string values
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

On 25 Nov 2002 at 4:57, javaholic wrote:

Your problem is really a JSP one rather than a postgres problem, and probably doesn't
really belong on this list.  That said, I know much more java/jsp than I do postgres, so I'll
try and help.

> I have some jsp code that should insert a user name and password into
> a table called login.
>
> Instead of inserting the values given by the client, it insert the
> literal string 'username' and 'password. The problem is somewhere in
> the INSERT statement.

Yup, your INSERT statement is doing exactly what you've asked it to do, inserting the
literal strings 'username' and 'password' into the table.

> <%
>                         String insertString =
>                         "INSERT INTO  \"login\" (\'user\', \'password\')
> VALUES ('username', 'password')";
> %>

To do it correctly using JSP, try the following:

<% String insertString = "INSERT INTO  \"login\" (\'user\', \'password\')         VALUES ('" + username + "', '" +
password+ "')";

%>

However, you would probably be better off using a PreparedStatement object rather
than a Statement for various reasons, but especially to avoid trying to get the single-
and double-quotes right in the above statement.

HTH,

Rob Hills
MBBS, Grad Dip Com Stud, MACS
Senior Consultant
Netpaver Web Solutions
Tel:    (0412) 904 357
Fax:    (08) 9485 2555
Email:    rob@netpaver.com.au

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Are sub-select error suppressed?
Сообщение: Re: Are sub-select error suppressed?