Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't

От Fernando Nasser
Тема Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Denis,

Your session is set up with the GNU gcj as the compiler/jvm.
If you try 'which java" you will probably get /usr/bin/java,
which is _not_ the SDK/JRE one.

You must set your JDBC_HOME env variable, maybe your CLASSPATH if you do
not copy your driver there, but if you have installed the GNU gcj
program you must also make sure the SKD (or JRE) bin dir is earlier in
your path so that 'which java" points to the right thing.

I use RHDB (many versions) and the JDBC driver with all variants of JREs
every day, in machines with several different versions of the RHL OS,
without any problems so far.

Best regards,
Fernando

Dennis King wrote:

> java.sql.SQLException.SQLException(java.lang.String,
> java.lang.String, int) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.3)

                                     ^^^^^ (GNU gcj being used)

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300