changing the size of a column without dump/restore

От Michael Richards
Тема changing the size of a column without dump/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I've got a huge database table and I need to increase the size of a
varchar from like 100 to 200 characters. As I recall the size is just
a restriction and doesn't actually affect the format of the table
file.

Rather than dumping/restoring a 5Gb table with 20,000,000 rows which
will take all day and night, is there anything I can twiddle in the
system tables to change this size? I'd of course be backing up the
data just in case!

-Michael
Canadians

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: