Can't get JDBC BLOB online manual example working

От nvadekar@netscape.net (Neal Vadekar)
Тема Can't get JDBC BLOB online manual example working
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
In the online manual is gives the following eg. on how to access a blob uisng
jdbc:

PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("select oid from images where
name=keyfield");
ps.setString(1,"myimage.gif");
ResultSet rs = ps.executeQuery();
if(rs!=null) {   while(rs.next()) {       InputStream is = rs.getBinaryInputStream(1);       // use the stream in some
wayhere       is.close();   }   rs.close();

}
ps.close();
I have tried this to no avail.  The getBinaryInputStream method is not
available in the packages that are included in the JSP page.  I don't know
why, I know the select statement is working, but it only works when I have
the line with getBinaryInputStream commented out.   How do I get access to
that method?  I am using jdbc7.0.1-2.jar.  I thought that by using the jdbc
driver, that method would be available to me???

I tried getBinaryStream, instead of getBinaryInputStream, but then I get the
following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: FastPath call returned ERROR:  Relation 0
does not exist

I then changed everthing to a BLOB object instead of InputStream as follows:

byte[] blob1 = rs1.getBytes("photoblob"); \\photoblob is the name of the field

but I still keep getting the:

javax.servlet.ServletException: FastPath call returned ERROR:  Relation 0
does not exist

error.  How do I get past this error, it is killing me!  What does Relation 0
does not exist mean?  What is the FastPath error.  Every object and method I
try to use to access the BLOB results in that same error.  I am using RedHat
7.0, Postgresql 7.02 and Tomcat 3.2.1.

HELP, and Thanks in advance.

Neal Vadekar

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/