Re: Problems invoking psql. Help please.

От Luis Sousa
Тема Re: Problems invoking psql. Help please.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Did you install your package using apt-get ?
All the instalations that I do are using those tools from debian. You
have to see all the packages that you have instaled in your computer like:

dpkg -l | grep postgresql
ii  postgresql     7.2.1-2        Object-relational SQL database,
descended fr
ii  postgresql-cli 7.2.1-2        Front-end programs for PostgreSQL
ii  postgresql-con 7.2.1-2        Additional facilities for PostgreSQL

Then you do: dpkg --purge postgresql. You can now run the first command
to see if something is still installed. If some are instaled, the you
remove it using again dpkg --purge.

Luis Sousa

Hugh Esco wrote:

> I have reinstalled before.  I wonder though, how I ensure that I have
> cleanly un-installed it first, so that I leave no residue from the
> previously botched installation around to mess things up the next time.
>
> -- Hugh Esco
>
> At 09:03 AM 11/19/02 +0000, Luis Sousa wrote:
>
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Start over: delete your PG installation and reinstall the Debian
>> package.  It seems very clear that you've got an incomplete package.
>> regards, tom lane
>> I agree with Tom Lane. Probably is the best thing to do. When you
>> install all it over, in theory, all the problems will solve by them
>> selfs.
>>
>> Luis Sousa

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: