Re: [HACKERS] Shaky coding for vacuuming partitioned relations

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Shaky coding for vacuuming partitioned relations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/24/17, 10:12 PM, "Michael Paquier" <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached is a proposal of patch.

The patch seems reasonable to me, and I haven't encountered any issues in
my tests, even after applying the vacuum-multiple-relations patch on top
of it.

+         * Take a lock here for the relation lookup. If ANALYZE or VACUUM spawn
+         * multiple transactions, the lock taken here will be gone once the
+         * current transaction running commits, which could cause the relation
+         * to be gone, or the RangeVar might not refer to the OID looked up here.

I think this could be slightly misleading.  Perhaps it would be more
accurate to say that the lock will be gone any time vacuum() creates a new
transaction (either in vacuum_rel() or when use_own_xacts is true).

Nathan