Re: Permission on insert rules

От Luis Sousa
Тема Re: Permission on insert rules
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Josh Berkus wrote:
>

>>Luis,
>>

>>>Just a question.
>>>I'm writing some rules to insert/update some data in my database, and I
>>>gave all the privileges on that view to the user, and only select on the
>>>tables.
>>>When that user inserts data using the view, I thought that was user
>>>postgres that will do the rest ! But I got  permission denied on those
>>>tables.
>>>The idea was to create a layer, with the views, giving to that user
>>>permission on views to insert and update, and not to tables.
>>>Is this possible ?
>>>

>>This is a known problem.
>>
>>I know that permissions for Functions has been addressed in 7.3.   However, I
>>am not sure about permissions for updatable views.   Tom, Bruce?
>>

>Views have always had their own permissions.

Offcourse, but when I'm giving permissions to insert and update on
views, I have to give those permissions also to the tables !! (those
operations that are executed on rules)

Luis Sousa

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Efficient ON DELETE trigger when referential integrity is
От: Luis Sousa
Сообщение: Re: Permission on insert rules