Re: Performance on 8CPU's and 32GB of RAM

От Carlo Stonebanks
Тема Re: Performance on 8CPU's and 32GB of RAM
Дата
Re: Performance on 8CPU's and 32GB of RAM  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Performance on 8CPU's and 32GB of RAM  (Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org>)
Список pgsql-performance
Unfortunately, LINUX is not an option at this time. We looked into it; there
is no *NIX expertise in the enterprise. However, I have raised this issue in
various forums before, and when pressed no one was willing to say that "*NIX
*DEFINITELY* outperforms Windows" for what my client is doing (or if it did
outperform Windows, that it would outperform so significantly that it
merited the move).

Was this incorrect? Can my client DEFINITELY expect a significant
improvement in performance for what he is doing?

DISK subsystem reports: SCSI/RAID Smart Array E200 controller using RAID 1.