Re: Win2K Questions

От Charles H. Woloszynski
Тема Re: Win2K Questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Richard Huxton wrote:

>Depends on usage patterns and how you build your application. There are a
>couple of oddities with workarounds: count() and max() aren't very optimised
>for example.

You can 'fix' the max() SNAFU with a new query of the form
"select field from tbl limit 1 order by field  desc" (not precise syntax, but the idea is correct)

I call it a SNAFU since it I hate to have to change queries from something obvious to a more obscure format just to
workaround an optimizer issue.

Not sure if there is an equivalent query to make count() work faster

Charlie

--

Charles H. Woloszynski

ClearMetrix, Inc.