Re: Simple compile question

От Payman
Тема Re: Simple compile question
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi Stephan
I am using Postgresql on MacOS X with gnu 3.1

I am using this for C++ builds
g++  -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -o testlibpq0 testlibpq0.cc
-L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq++
and for C build
gcc -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -o testlibpqc testlibpqc.c
-L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq

You sample is C++ or C prog ?
if is C prog are you include libpq-fe.h in you source code ?
PGconn is defined in this header.

Payman

>I just installed pgsql this morning and already encountered some difficulties. How do I compile a C/C++ client
applicationwith pgsql? Here's what I do:

>gcc -c -I/usr/local/pgsql/include sample.cpp
>
>and I get:
>
>aggregate 'PGconn conn' has incomplete type and cannot be initialized
>aggregate 'PGresult res' has incomplete type and cannot be initialized
>
>The libpq-fe.h file *is* in /usr/local/pgsql/include
>
>What other include files am I missing?
>
>Also, a lot of messages seem to indicate that there is sample code under the src/ dir. Where is this? It is not under
/usr/local/pgsql.Did I miss a step in the install?

От: Payman
Сообщение: Re: PQcmdTuples() declaration
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Simple compile question