OID-problem: metadata: use of TableGen O/R-mapper

От Larry LeFever
Тема OID-problem: metadata: use of TableGen O/R-mapper
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I'm having a problem with TableGen, an O/R-mapper,
while trying to use it with PostgreSQL thru JDBC.

There's a metadata-related call that throws an
exception indicating that the OID for the table in
question was not found.

A little online research led me to a site (can't
cite it right now) on which there is some mention
of a bug in the PostgreSQL-JDBC driver having
something to do with the datatype of OID: some
mismatch, apparently, between PostgreSQL's type
for OID vs. the type the driver is expecting
(pointer vs. INTEGER ?).

My next step is to get the latest (dev-build?) of
the driver.  However, I'm worried that that driver
will be unstable as regards other functionality.

Any advice regarding this issue would be much
appreciated.

Thank you,

Larry LeFever