Re: new String(byte[]) performance

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: new String(byte[]) performance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> Barry,
>     Are you saying that the server returns everything as
> strings/characters no matter what?  Like if it sends the number "123456"
> that will be 7 bytes (6+null), not 4 bytes (an int)?  Can we make it send
> the 4-byte int value instead?

That is correct.  The FE/BE protocol sends the data back and forth as
strings for all the data types.  The only exception to this is if you
are using a 'binary cursor' inwhich case the data is sent in binary,
(however the byte order is platform dependent, which makes it a pain to
use binary cursors).

--Barry

Сообщение: Re: new String(byte[]) performance
Сообщение: Re: new String(byte[]) performance