Re: Out of memory error on huge resultset

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: Out of memory error on huge resultset
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Nick,

This has been discussed before on this list many times.  But the short
answer is that that is how the postgres server handles queries.  If you
issue a query the server will return the entire result.  (try the same
query in psql and you will have the same problem).  To work around this
you can use explicit cursors (see the DECLARE CURSOR, FETCH, and MOVE
sql commands for postgres).

thanks,
--Barry