Re: Lotus Domino Server/Enterprise Connection Services

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: Lotus Domino Server/Enterprise Connection Services
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Mike Mascari wrote:
>>
>>I've compared the SQL trace log of Lotus Domino Server accessing
>>a Microsoft Access database using DECS/ODBC vs. accessing a
>>PostgreSQL database using DECS/ODBC. The main difference which
>>is prohibiting Lotus Domino Server from connecting to a
>>PostgreSQL database is the data type of the meta data.
>>
>>When Domino Server examines data using the Access ODBC driver,
>>it calls SQLTables() followed by SQLDescribeCol().
>>SQLDescribeCol() returns a value of 12 (SQL_VARCHAR) for the
>>data type of the metadata (like table names or column names),
>>whereas the PostgreSQL driver is returing a -1 (Who knows?) for
>

> -1 is SQL_LONGVARCHAR. Hmm the driver has handled the
> char columns for the result of most catalog functions
> as PG_TYPE_TEXT and it seems to be the cause. I changed
> them to PG_TYPE_VARCHAR and put the binaries on
> http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/.
> Could you try the dll ?

Yes, I will. I poked around a little further. It seems Domino
can't handle SQL_LONGVARCHAR, so just unchecking "Text as
LongVarChar" allowed it to properly peruse the catalog. I'll
also do some more rigorous testing as well...

Thanks!

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com

Сообщение: Re: Lotus Domino Server/Enterprise Connection Services
Сообщение: Re: Lotus Domino Server/Enterprise Connection Services