Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"scott.marlowe" wrote:
> [...]
> But, I have a few more questions about the signature file solution.  Is
> the signature file going to be updated by date or something everytime the
> database is started up and shut down?  If not, then it's quite possible
> that someone could copy the pg_xlog dir somewhere, run it for a while,
> then they change it back to the base pg_xlog will the database know that
> those xlogs are stale and not start up, or will it start up and corrupt
> the database with the old xlogs?  As long as there's a time stamp in both
> places it should work fine.

Good question. Actually, I think it'd be a perfect place and use
for a copy of the controlfile.

Jan

# It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being
right. #
# Let's break this rule - forgive
me.                                  #
JanWieck@Yahoo.com #

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?