Re: encryption problem

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: encryption problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Sylvain Sainnier wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I would encrypt data that I insert in my table, and I don't know how to do
> > this.
> > can you help me
>
> I would look at /contrib/pgcrypto for encryption/decryption routines.

Or look into encrypting the entire filesystem you have your data
directory in. There are several commercial products and I've seen
a HOWTO for Linux somewhere that describes it with open source
stuff. Basically you mount a huge encrypted file through the
loopback device and an encrypt/decrypt driver.

Jan

> --

# It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being
right. #
# Let's break this rule - forgive
me.                                  #
JanWieck@Yahoo.com #