Re: [HACKERS] problem with new autocommit config parameter

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: [HACKERS] problem with new autocommit config parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Curt,

Yes I can check the server version on connect.  In fact that is what the
  driver already does.  However I can't check the version and then based
on the version call set autocommit true in one round trip to the server.
  Since many people don't use connection pools, I am reluctant to add
the overhead of an extra roundtrip to the database to set a variable
that for most people will already be set to true.  It would be ideal if
I could in one hit to the database determine the server version and
conditionally call set autocommit based on the version at the same time.

thanks,
--Barry

Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Barry Lind wrote:
>

>>I am waiting for this thread to conclude before deciding exactly what to
>>do for the jdbc driver for 7.3.  While using the 'set autocommit true'
>>syntax is nice when talking to a 7.3 server, the jdbc driver also needs
>>to be backwardly compatible with 7.2 and 7.1 servers.
>

> Can you not check the server's version on connect?
>
> It would be ideal if the JDBC driver, without modification, ran
> all tests properly against 7.3, 7.2 and 7.1.
>
> cjs

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] problem with new autocommit config parameter
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] problem with new autocommit config parameter