update 7.0 -> 7.2.2 problem with shared libraries?!

От Dmitry Gertsog
Тема update 7.0 -> 7.2.2 problem with shared libraries?!
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dear, Sirs.

I use Linux Suse 7.0 with Postgres 7.0

After updating Postgres to version 7.2.2
I found that some programs, which work successful
with v7.0 of Postgres, now don't work correctly
(all such programs was recompiled for new libraries).

After analyses of situation I found problem in
crypt() function. This function don't understand
salt like "$1$xxxxx" and don't use md5 algorithm?!
And after lot of hours of different manipulations
was found that problem was solve simple reordering of
libraries when I linked my program:
first I should place "-lcrypt" and only then "-lpq"
only with such order of liraries, programs began work again.
I think that library "pq" replace standart function with own.
If it's true, it's wrong.

Dmitry Gertsog.