Re: bytea, jdbc, i/o ...

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: bytea, jdbc, i/o ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kenneth,

The representation of the data is always converted to a string format in
both the local and remote cases.  But the string representation for
bytea data can result in upto four times expansion (i.e. a 1K bytea
value can take up to 4K in it's string form).  Thus using alot of bytea
data can result in significantly more network traffic for the same
amount of data.  I don't know if this explains your findings or not.

thanks,
--Barry