Re: Nextval Problems

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Nextval Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hi Keary,

Keary Suska wrote:
<snip>
> So--I don't see much wrong. If you make the changes I recommend, and you are
> still experiencing the problem, there is still something wrong with your
> code. Probably in the parts you don't show us.

Once had a *weird* problem with PG 7.0.? whereby it was incrementing by
2 for every invocation of nextval(), even though I was the only client -
a single connection with psql - and the increment value of the sequence
was definitely 1.

Can't remember how I fixed it for sure, but think it was something along
the lines of dropping the sequence and creating it again (manually).
Have a feeling that many triggers or constraints turned out to be
involved, but can't remember for sure.

Definitely don't think this is a common occurance though.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Keary Suska
> Esoteritech, Inc.
> "Leveraging Open Source for a better Internet"

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

   - Indira Gandhi

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: