Re: bytea operator bugs (was Re: [GENERAL] BYTEA, indexes

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: bytea operator bugs (was Re: [GENERAL] BYTEA, indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm betting on a memory-clobber kind of problem --- I think something in
> the bytea-related code is stomping on the disk buffer that holds the
> btree metapage.  Are you testing with --enable-cassert now?  (That turns
> on MEMORY_CHECKING which might be helpful...)

My standard configure line these days is:
./configure --enable-integer-datetimes --enable-locale  --enable-debug
--enable-cassert --enable-multibyte --enable-syslog --enable-nls
--enable-depend

and:

parts=# show debug_assertions;
  debug_assertions
  on
(1 row)

And I'm definitely seeing the asserts. I'll work on a proper fix for the
first item and continue to investigate the second.

Thanks,

Joe

Сообщение: Re: bytea operator bugs (was Re: [GENERAL] BYTEA, indexes and "like")
Сообщение: Re: bytea operator bugs (was Re: [GENERAL] BYTEA, indexes