Re: [SQL] 16 parameter limit

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [SQL] 16 parameter limit
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>12) The biggie:  Allowing the easy return of query results from a
>>procedure.  This is currently supported through a rather difficult
>>workaround involving either the ROWTYPE datatype or a return Cursor.
>> Both approaches require the use of a procedural code loop on the
>>interface side to read the data being returned ... much clumsier than
>>just dumping the data ala PL/SQL or T-SQL.  If implemented, this rowset
>>return would the the difference between a CREATE FUNCTION and a CREATE
>>PROCEDURE statement.
>

> Done for 7.3.

Um, not done yet (PL/pgSQL table functions). Currently only SQL and C
functions supported. I've had an off-line discussion with Neil, and I
think he is working this item and plans to have it ready for 7.3.

CREATE PROCEDURE is not planned for 7.3 at all (I don't think; see the
CALL foo recent discussion).

It's not clear to me which one is meant by the above. "Dumping the data
ala PL/SQL or T-SQL" could mean either. PL/SQL supports table functions;
T-SQL only supports the CALL foo type capability. See:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2002-08/msg00602.php
for a description of the difference.

Joe