Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 03:57, Greg Copeland wrote:
>>Ext2 & 3 should be okay.  XFS (very sure) and JFS (reasonably sure)
>>should also be okay...IIRC.  NFS and SMB are probably problematic, but I
>>can't see anyone really wanting to do this.
>
> Hmm. Whereas I can't see many people putting their database files on an
> NFS mount, I can readily see them using pg_dump to one, and pg_dump is
> the program where large files are really likely to be needed.

I wouldn't totally discount using NFS for large databases. Believe it or
not, with an Oracle database and a Network Appliance for storage, NFS is
exactly what is used. We've found that we get better performance with a
(properly tuned) NFS mounted NetApp volume than with attached storage on
our HPUX box with several 100+GB databases.

Joe

Сообщение: Re: Sourceforge moving to DB2
Сообщение: Re: Sourceforge moving to DB2