Re: Fix disabled triggers with deferred constraints

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Fix disabled triggers with deferred constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
>>...The spec is a large one and I didn't look at all references to triggers --
>>since there are hundreds -- but I don't believe that there is any
>>precedent for an implementation of DISABLE TRIGGER.
>
> Thanks for the dig.  I was hoping we could get some guidance from the
> spec, but it looks like not.  How about other implementations --- does
> Oracle support disabled triggers?  DB2?  etc?

Oracle does for sure. With a complex app (i.e. Oracle Applications)
being able to disable triggers from time-to-time is *indispensable*. Not
sure about DB2. My knowledge of MSSQL is getting dated, but as of MSSQL7
I don't *think* you can disable a trigger.

Joe