Re: [GENERAL] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ralph Graulich wrote:

>Hi,
>
>just my two cents worth: I like having the files sized in a way I can
>handle them easily with any UNIX tool on nearly any system. No matter
>wether I want to cp, tar, dump, dd, cat or gzip the file: Just keep it at
>a maximum size below any limits, handy for handling.

Good point... however I was thinking that being able to dump the entire
database without resporting to "gzips and splits" was handy...

>For example, Oracle suggests it somewhere in their documentation, to keep
>datafiles at a reasonable size, e.g. 1 GB. Seems right to me, never had
>any problems with it.

Yep, fixed or controlled sizes for data files is great... I was thinking
about databases rather than data files (altho I may not have made that
clear in my mail)

best wishes

Mark

От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] workaround for lack of REPLACE() function