Re: Proposal: stand-alone composite types

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Proposal: stand-alone composite types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor wrote:
> I think it buys the same as SERIAL does for sequences.

That's a great analogy.

> Is it likely to have more than one function using a complex type like
> that?  If not, then allowing it's creation (not enforcing) could be
> useful.

That's what I was thinking. In cases where you want to use the type for
several functions, use CREATE TYPE. If you only need the type for one
function, let the function creation process manage it for you.

Joe

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: stand-alone composite types
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: stand-alone composite types